We’ve got a fantastic opportunity right now for an Infrastructure Manager.
• Manage and support Sage Pay IT Infrastructure
• Define Sage Pay’s infrastructure architecture and manage its delivery and support
• Ensure all systems are built to the highest level of security
• Ensure live environment hardware is available, in line with company SLAs and of sufficient capacity to adequately support the Sage Pay services
• Monitor live service hardware and software for failures, issues and performance degradation
• Identify root cause of issues and develop a plan to resolve and implement
• Perform such upgrades, working with the service Operations Team, with sufficient notification of customers and staff (as appropriate) outside critical working hours
• Take steps to ensure that failover environments are always available
• Promote a culture of product knowledge and experience sharing
• Be the architectural authority for Sage Pay data centres
• Provide rigorous data security with fully tested back up and disaster recovery processes.
• Apply Operating System patches in accordance with PCI DSS
• Help maintain Infrastructure and Datacentre budgets
• Constantly reviewing the environment that you are providing for your people, ensuring that you are creating a culture where your team feel able to provide feedback and create new ideas
• Encouraging your team to challenge you, and finding new and better ways of doing things
• Providing your people with regular feedback in a manner that inspires and motivates
• Setting a clear agenda for your team, regularly reviewing expectations against deliverables
• Ensuring that you are providing your people with the confidence to make their own business decisions.
• Proactively having difficult conversations which drive continuous improvements and increases your contribution to the business
• Showing a confidence in allowing your people the freedom to try new things, and experience new ways of doing business which are aligned to our overall business vision
• Demonstrating a commitment for on-going assessment of the quality of your team and the experiences that they are creating both across the business and to any externally facing stakeholders and customers
We want someone truly extraordinary; someone who is passionate about their work, open to new ideas and focused on delivering consistently high quality results that enrich our business.
You’ll be an experienced manager and leader, setting a clear agenda but also encouraging your team to challenge you to find new and better ways of doing things. You’ll drive continuous improvements and regularly review expectations against deliverables.
If you’ve come from a payments or ecommerce background we’d be really interested in hearing from you, and if you’ve been responsible for implementing Windows or Linux or transforming from one to another that would be advantageous too, as would experience in driving automation in Linux.
A working knowledge of orchestration tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible would be highly desirable, and exposure to Docker, Microservices and Open Stack are all welcome.
If this sounds like the role for you; we’d love to hear from you!
Advert Open: January 27th
Advert Closed: February 24th