The Operations team use their expert product knowledge to provide technical assistance across the business for current and future service and product development, and ensure new and existing product knowledge is sustained and documented.
As the Monitoring & Automation Engineer, you’ll be responsible for researching and improving the Operational toolset by automating processes using the latest coding languages and techniques, and developing in-house monitoring services to improve our monitoring coverage.
You’ll design, develop and build functional web-based dashboards to be used by Operations and internal stakeholders which should include developing reporting toolsets for Operations and key stakeholders.
This role will also be responsible for supporting both current internal Operations applications, but also driving forward development within the team to maximise efficiency and productivity through bespoke toolsets. You’ll assist in all areas of operations improvement including helping drive automation in our deployment process as we are using DevOps practices.
Key skills we’re looking for:
• SPLUNK configuration, management, reporting
• Solar Winds experience configuration, management, custom monitors and alerting.
• Scripting: Proficient in both Powershell and Python.
• Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef. Ansible would be preferable as this is used by Sage Pay.
• Working knowledge of supporting /developing for both IIS ,Tomcat or Apache platforms.
• Working knowledge of database technologies (MS-SQL, T-SQL, MySQL/Postgress)
• Operating Systems: Linux Ubuntu and Windows 2008
Great to have but not essential:
• Experience of SEIM tools such as ArcSight.
• Experience of building database driven web applications
• Experience of generating graphs charts from live data with tools such as cacti, D3.js
• Experience of dev pipeline software such as GIT and Jenkins.
In return, we’ll offer you a highly competitive salary, company bonus, pension, healthcare package, 25 days leave and a host of other flexible benefits you can take advantage of, not to mention the opportunity to work in an energised and open environment where you’ll be given the challenges, support and development to truly reach your potential.
If this sounds like the role for you; we’d love to hear from you!