Right now, we’ve got a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Analyst to join our Operational Governance Team in London on a contract basis to cover maternity
As an independent payment service provider (PSP), Sage Pay works with a wide range of business partners: from acquiring banks and card schemes, to companies that complement our payment gateway solutions. The core purpose of the Operations Team is to perform regular operational “housekeeping” tasks to cover Sage Pay’s operational needs across our multi-channel, multi product business proposition.
Along with various BAU tasks, the team continually monitors our adherence to rules and regulations set by business partners, and ensures regular operational governance tasks are completed to maintain the smooth running of the payment gateway. We also act as a point of contact for the Customer Services team - dealing with technical escalations on our applications, which are resolved within defined SLAs.
You’ll assist the Operations Team Leader with researching current and future industry standards which Sage Pay must be compliant with as a PSP, raising the awareness of any governance obligations with the relevant teams, and to define, deploy, and sustain robust governance procedures across the organisation. We’re looking for your valued insight to contribute to process improvement in this newly established team.
The Ops Analyst will also assist in regular operational “housekeeping” tasks including:
- Purchasing RIDs
- Updating BIN Ranges and IP Location data
- Adhering to current ISO standards (countries / currencies etc.)
- “Housekeeping” of stored data (i.e. removing templates of closed accounts / TID recycling, etc.).
- Requests for information: this can range from police requests for card information, to transaction reports and statistics for both in-house and Priority Service customers.
- Writing, implementing and maintaining governance guidance documentation, and where necessary, training relevant staff on applicable rules and regulations.
To be successful you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a volume transaction environment, or an understanding of the Sage Pay protocols and underlying transaction processes / relevant experience in the real-time payment processing industry.
- Ideally some experience/knowledge of the payments industry, acquiring risk and the associated processes, but this is not essential. You’ll need to demonstrate the ability to balance commercial savvy with technical insight.
- Ability to develop innovative ways of working that will improve productivity and effectiveness.
- Experience working with SQL advantageous.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to work with a market leader in a challenging and rewarding role, in a fantastic location, with the benefits you’d expect from being part of a FTSE 100 company!
If this sounds like the role for you - we’d love to hear from you!