The department is made up of cross-functional Scrum teams, delivering to production every week. The successful candidate will be comfortable working closely with developers, analysts and the business to achieve regular high-quality delivery.
The successful candidate will be the Scrum Master for one of the London teams, facilitating Scrum events, actively chasing down and removing impediments, supporting and educating the Product Owner, evangelising Scrum to the wider organisation and generally creating an environment in which the team can achieve successful delivery.
You will also be actively involved in the development of a platform that processes a quarter of a billion payments with a transactional value over 12 billion a year for over 50,000 businesses. Micro-services, Kafka, ZooKeeper, Hazelcast and Elasticsearch are just some of the technologies we're expanding into from our foundational Spring/Java tech stack, and our agile focus is a central component of our fun fast-paced working environment!
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Experience of working as a Scrum Master in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies (XP, BDD, Kanban, Scrum etc)
- Development expertise (Java)
- Experience with the following technologies a bonus: Hibernate/JPA, Spring, Maven, Tomcat, JUnit, DBUnit, Selenium, REST
- Protect the team – create an environment that supports and encourages the team to achieve high performance
In return you’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, the opportunity to work with amazing colleagues, and fantastic career development opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you - we’d love to hear from you!