Right now, we’ve got a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join our team and help shape the technical direction; working on both the existing platform and on green-field projects.
Micro-services, Kafka, ZooKeeper, Hazelcast and Elasticsearch are just some of the technologies we're expanding into from our foundational Spring/Java tech stack, while our agile focus is a central component of our fun fast-paced working environment!
Working as part of a cross-functional team you’ll be involved in the full agile development life-cycle, taking part in internal hackathons and spending a portion of your time exploring exciting new technologies as part of our rotating advanced technical research teams.
You will be working on a platform that processes a quarter of a billion payments with a transactional value over 12 billion a year for over 50,000 businesses.
You’ll need these skills to be successful….
- Core Java expertise
- Strong OO design
- SQL / ORM experience
- Experience of using Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience of XP engineering practices (CI, Unit Testing, Pairing, TDD, and Continuous Deployment etc.)
- Experience of troubleshooting complex software issues and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong involvement with the Java community is a bonus!
In return you’ll receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package, the opportunity to work with amazing colleagues, and fantastic career development opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you - we’d love to hear from you!