At Sage Pay, the Infrastructure Team is about ensuring all the Sage Pay Infrastructure components are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The team ensures that the Sage Pay infrastructure is provisioned, monitored and maintained and ensures that all infrastructure issues are responded to and resolved in line with departmental SLAs.
The Senior Network Specialist provides technical expertise and hands-on support for all Sage Pay network infrastructures on a day to day basis and provides network expertise for the various technical projects run by Sage Pay. The role requires the successful candidate to have experience in design, implementation and operation of enterprise level LAN/WAN environments from both networking and security perspectives. They should demonstrate an ability and willingness to learn new skills as required as well as mentor junior members of the team.
As a Senior Network Specialist you will be responsible for:
· Working with the Infrastructure Manager to define strategic direction for network technologies
· Installing, maintaining and supporting all network devices across all domains
· Using in-depth technical knowledge to identify root cause through to fix
· Understanding requirements and converting these into advanced technical network designs
· Oversee all network network designs and configurations to ensure they meet security, resilience and quality standards
· Supporting production systems as required outside of standard working hours and participating in 24x7 on-call rotas
· Acting as technical network escalation point for the infrastructure and desktop support teams
· Supporting and mentoring all members of the Infrastructure team as required
· Demonstrating the ability to get to know your organisations inside and out, and proactively acting upon your intuition because you know what is right for the business and for its customers
· Showing a genuine interest, level of care, and pride about the organisation, and the experiences that people have both internally and externally that you are accountable for creating through your behaviour
· Utilising those small insights to proactively transform experiences for our people and our customers, demonstrating a confidence that you can make a difference.
· Proactively sharing ideas, and best practice with a continuous focus on improvement, and finding new and better ways to contribute to the on-going growth and success of our business
· Displaying a level of resilience and determination to make a difference
· Seeking continuous feedback for personal development and demonstrate the ability to respond to it appropriately.
We want someone truly extraordinary; someone who is passionate about their work, open to new ideas and focused on delivering consistently high quality results that enrich our business. For this role we need someone who has:
· Significant experience designing, implementing and configuring advanced network environments.
· Exceptional working knowledge of a wide variety of network technologies.
· Advanced experience installing, configuring and managing Enterprise level firewalls, Cisco switches and routers, load balancers
· Advanced experience identifying performance issues and optimising networks and network devices.
· Advanced experience deploying authorised changes in a 24/7, live network environment.
· Advanced experience of designing, implementing, managing and supporting a highly secure network infrastructure, in a 24/7 environment.
· Advanced experience setting up network monitoring and alerts for all network components.
· Advanced experience providing in-depth network performance and availability reports.
· Ability and willingness to mentor all members of the team.
· Ability to understand and recommend new and emerging network technologies
· Ability to define network strategy at a technical level
· Ability to define and implement tactical and strategic network solutions
· Advanced specific technical skills required:
· Site-to-Site VPN configuration (IPsec), SSL VPN
· Juniper and Cisco ASA experience
· Strong Layer 2 & Layer 3 configuration and management (VLANS and IP)
· Cisco 2900, 3560, 3750, Nexus 5000, Brocade devices
· Spanning Tree
· BGP, OSPF, MPLS, GRE Tunnels
· Strong understanding of new and emerging technologies
· Strong understanding of network security and network best practices
· Strong understanding of payment industry network architecture and ability to apply them in practice desirable
· PCI-DSS desirable
· DDOS prevention
· Dual Factor Authentication (RSA preferred)
· High levels of self-motivation, drive and initiative
· Methodical with an eye for detail
· Outstanding problem solving/troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight timescales
· Excellent communication skills
· Outstanding presentation skills
· Ability to follow process where required
· Team player mentality
· Role model with mentoring skills
Salary is competitive and we offer a range of excellent benefits. If it sounds like the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!
Email your CV if interested – email@example.com
Advert open date: 05 December 2014
Advert Closing Date: 02 January 2015