We’re building something special at Sage Pay; a business that has the potential to set new standards in payments across Europe.
We’re determined to be the best payment service provider for growing businesses, building customer’s confidence by delivering an experience that competitors can’t come close to.
We’ve got an exciting new opportunity in our London Office for an experienced Automation Tester to join us on a permanent contract in one of our existing teams. The department is made up of cross-functional Scrum teams, delivering to production every one to two weeks. You’ll work closely with testers and developers to ensure that we have a repeatable automated test process to support the development team, and collaborate with our business analysts and stakeholders to manually critique our products and ensure that they will delight our users.
As a Tester you will be responsible for:
- Working alongside the business to create solid acceptance criteria
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive suites of automated tests
- Exploratory testing
- Non-functional testing
- Liaising with the Scrum team and the business users to investigate faults and implement fixes
- Researching latest testing tools, techniques, resources and methodologies
- Contributing to best practice processes
- Demonstrating the ability to get to know your organisations inside and out, and proactively act on your intuition because you know what is right for the business and for its customers
- Showing a genuine interest, level of care, and pride about the organisation, and the experiences that people have both internally and externally that you are accountable for creating through your behaviour
- Utilising those small insights to proactively transform experiences for our people and our customers, demonstrating a confidence that you can make a difference.
- Proactively sharing ideas, and best practice with a continuous focus on improvement, and finding new and better ways to contribute to the on-going growth and success of our business
- Displaying a level of resilience and determination to make a difference
- Seeking continuous feedback for personal development and demonstrate the ability to respond to it appropriately.
What are we looking for:
We want someone truly extraordinary; someone who is passionate about their work, open to new ideas and focused on delivering consistently high quality results that enrich our business. For this role we need someone who has:
- Commercial experience of testing within an Agile test / development function
- The desire to work closely with developers as part of a small fast paced team
- Excellent communication and people skills
- The ability to solve complex problems and suggest innovative solutions under tight timescales
- Experience of devising, documenting and executing tests from a minimal requirement set
- If this sounds like the role for you – we’d love to hear from you!
- Experience of executing and maintain manual and automated regression test sets in Java to a high standard
- An ability to prioritise workload, work independently and take responsibility for completing tasks
- Experience with highly transactional systems and payment gateways
To be successful; applicants must have experience working within an Agile environment, have worked closely with developers as part of a fast paced team, and display a depth of knowledge and passion about what they do.
What we can offer?
- Fun, friendly and sociable atmosphere
- Opportunity to work with amazing colleagues
- Beautiful modern office location in Angel, Islington
- Training and development
- Opportunity to work in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Be part of a FTSE 100 group, with fantastic benefits
- Competitive base salary + bonus
Applications opening date: 30th May 2014
Applications closing date: 29th June 2014