Tradebox is a Sage Certified desktop application, designed to integrate online marketplaces with Sage Instant or Sage 50 Accounts and provide retailers with the ability to effectively Manage, Control and Account for their online sales.
Tradebox Limited was established in April 2003 and has been an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) operating in the UK online retail market since March 2006.
A certified and professional member of the Sage Developer Programme, the Tradebox software was originally conceived in April 2005 as a bespoke application for a single online retail business selling on eBay and struggling to cope with Sage data entry from the resulting sales. Today, over 1,100 UK online retailers subscribe and use the Tradebox software to manage, control and account for their online sales across multiple marketplaces and ecommerce websites.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tradebox is staffed predominantly by ex-Sage employees with a vast experience and knowledge of Sage accounts software and 3rd party Sage development and integration. Working in the online retail market since 2005, and with over 1,100 existing online retail customers, the Tradebox team also have a great understanding of the needs of the UK online retailer.
Tradebox is a Sage Certified solution for both Sage Instant and Sage 50 Accounts. This means that Tradebox has been independently tested by Lionbridge VeriTest, the world’s largest and best-known software product testing authority to ensure that the Tradebox software meets the minimum standards for installation and functionality.
Solutions and services:
Tradebox is a Sage Certified desktop application, designed to integrate online marketplaces with Sage Instant or Sage 50 Accounts and provide retailers with the ability to effectively Manage, Control and Account for their online sales. Designed as middleware, Finance Manager provides a bridge between online marketplaces and Sage Accounts through the creation of individual connections in the software, enabling sales data to be rapidly downloaded, automatically entered into Sage and stock levels from Sage to be passed back to the marketplace.
Connections to individual marketplaces are created in Tradebox through an easy to use interactive step through wizard. The wizard guides the user through a series of pages, prompting for information on:
- The marketplace to connect with
- Download criteria
- Which Sage Company to link with
- Customer creation in Sage
- Invoice/Order creation in Sage
- Sales Receipt/Bank information in Sage
- Synchronisation method
- Currency of sales
Upon completion of the wizard a ‘connection’ is created in Tradebox which holds all of the configuration settings for this particular link. This can be amended or fine tuned at any time. Each connection contains all of the mapping data for customers, products, shipping and payment types which form the relationship between the online data and the corresponding entries in Sage Accounts.
An ‘out-of-the-box’ solution, Tradebox can be rapidly installed and configured to integrate and download sales from:
- eBay, Amazon, Play.com
- Magento, ekmPowershop, Zencart, Big Commerce, Powa
- Romancart, Shopify, LiquidShop, Shopcreator
- Linnworks, ChannelAdvisor, Storefeeder
- Any other platform capable of exporting orders in a compatible csv file.
Comprehensive integration guides and step by step videos are available for each connection type to assist the user to rapidly download, install and configure Tradebox to download the user’s online sales.
- Create connections to multiple online marketplaces/ecommerce websites
- Rapidly download completed sales
- Create comprehensive invoices in Sage for each individual online order
- Calculate VAT liability automatically based on products and shipping destination
- Create and print invoices, picking & packing lists and dispatch notes
- Create customers in Sage for each buyer or utilise a generic customer for each connection/marketplace.
- Keep track of what has been picked, packed and shipped
- Mark orders as dispatched on marketplace*
- Map online SKU to Sage Product Records
- Update and adjust stock levels in Sage
- Upload Sage stock levels to marketplace*
- Auto create Purchase Orders for designated ‘dropship’ items
- Connect online ‘packaged’ products to BOM’s in Sage
- Keep track of low running stock and supplier orders
- Connect different marketplaces to individual Sage banks for easier reconciliation
- Download marketplace fees into Sage
- Analyse products, marketplaces and company turnover, purchases and profitability
* Not all marketplaces/websites have dispatch and upload abilities.
Pricing & Support
Tradebox is based on a recurring licence which includes access to free functionality upgrades and free technical support. Licences are based upon:
- The version of Sage used (Instant or 50)
- The number of marketplaces/ecommerce websites the user wishes to connect with
- The duration of the licence (annually or quarterly)
Prices start from as little as £78 + VAT per quarter or £240 + VAT per annum. Annual prices are approximately 30% cheaper.
Tradebox is only compatible with the UK versions of Sage Instant and Sage 50 Accounts.
- Sage Instant Accounts or Accounts Plus, v2009 onwards (UK Version Only)
- Sage 50 Accounts, Accounts Plus or Accounts Professional, v2009 onwards (UK Version Only)
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.